From 13 of May to 6 of October the halls 16 – 29 are closed.
18 of June the exposition will be closed at 7 PM (entrance and tickets to 6 PM).
We apologize for any inconvenience!
The ceremony for the laying of the Museum's foundation stone took place on August 17, 1898 in the presence of Tsar Nicholas II and members of his family. The name of the museum – Alexander III Fine Arts Museum – was officially approved. Building work had commenced a month before that ceremony, which was important as by then the Committee for the Establishment of the Museum already had at its disposal a major part of its collections.